Monday, June 13, 2011

Hiking Yoga and Tee it Forward

Tree Pose:
One of my goals when I left Salient Systems in early January was to attend 80 yoga classes in 90 days. Yoga is a great way to restore your body and replenish your mind. I enjoy the low impact, peaceful pace of the classes and find that it helps me start my day with a wonderful outlook on life. I am pleased to report that I have made that goal and am, in fact, on-track to attend 160 yoga classes in 180 days. To celebrate, my wife treated me to a Hiking Yoga excursion this weekend on the beautiful Barton Creek Greenbelt. Hiking Yoga is a unique 90 minute workout that combines the cardio of hiking with the power of yoga. I commend it to you.

I wish I could report having accomplished my other athletic endeavor, which was a golf goal. I aspire to break 80 from 6000 yards. Like my yoga goal, I set my golf goal in January, well ahead of the PGA Tour's new Tee it Forward initiative. At least I am on the same wave length as the PGA and I am far more flexible, thus I know that round in the 70's is coming one day.
"Simply put, TEE IT FORWARD can make golf much more fun for millions of people," said PGA of America President Allen Wronowski. "We believe that by moving up to another set of tees, golfers will experience an exciting, new approach to the game that will produce more enjoyment and elevate their desire to come back and play even more golf."
 Who is going to win the US Open?

No comments: