Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The launch of churnOn.com and 'The Churn'

Several years ago, I authored a short story titled Releasing the Churn, subtitled 'A journey rounding second base.' It was a reflection about how baseball opened the eyes of a nine year old boy to a bigger world. It was a story about a Baptist Preacher, my grandfather whom I never met; and my other grandfather with whom I spent days selling swimming pools and learning his craft. I recently concluded that I am a unique combination of these two men: "the peddler and the preacher." 

Releasing the Churn is also a story about my love of all sports and competition; especially my latest passion, golf. And finally, it is a story about self-awareness and contemplation; and about the little things in life, that when all is said and done, are the things that matter most.
Dad reading first copy - love that sunlight:
I dedicated the writing to my first hero, my father. I then sent copies to the men mentioned in the book - my other heros - the Little League coach, the uncles, the best friend, the mentor, and the father-in-law. After getting some nice feedback, I decided to share The Churn with others who have been a part of my ten-state journey. The feedback kept coming.

Earlier this month, I unplugged from Salient Systems, a technology company where I was both a ground floor investor and leading salesman. With the company on a significant growth track, it was time to explore new business opportunities. It was also time to revisit my writing projects. I am looking forward to 'releasing' a new version of Releasing the Churn in the near future.

In the meantime, thanks for visiting my Blog. G. Page, churning on . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of your dad with the sun . . . A nice way to launch the Blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on launching the new blog. I look forward to reading you going ahead! Thanks

Brett Tabke