Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Seed of Faith

Fly with the eagles
Moving on in our study of Denis Waitley's Seeds of Greatness, we have our sixth seed, faith. Waitley describes faith as the realization of the things hoped for and unseen. He says that the mind can not distinguish between what is real and what is imagined.

Here are some action steps to more optimism and faith:
  1. fly with the eagles;
  2. hang out with kids;
  3. listen to upbeat music; and
  4. change your vocabulary. 
What the mind harbors, the body manifest. In scientific terms, I believe positive thoughts and actions produce endorphins - much like a good workout can give you that feeling referred to as a "runners high".
  1. Self-esteem
  2. Creativity
  3. Responsibility
  4. Wisdom
  5. Purpose
  6. Communication
  7. Faith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that so interesting about how our brains work - that what we think is real (even if imagined) is what will manifest in our physical bodies... I like those action steps. Especially the upbeat music! And I get to hang out with kids all the time - my daughters. They keep me hip and in touch with a completely different point of view on life. And changing vocabulary to positive, uplifting, hopeful words...I can see how that helps solidify your mindset towards that.

Great, positive post today, Page!

G. Page Singletary said...

Bradley, thanks for the encouraging words. I agree on the hanging out with the kids (all girls in my world as well!)