Thursday, April 21, 2011

Likability . . . they will always remember how you made them feel

churnOn this: I worked with a talented friend during my tenure at Salient Systems who used to say that a sales call could be summed up this way. "Your client or prospect may not remember what you said or what you did, but they will always . . . always . . . remember how you made them feel." I think this is a great mantra to follow every time you interact with anyone, but especially important when trying to establish and maintain relationships in the selling game.

3 comments:

Chad said...

There was a young Jewish teacher some years ago who made a statement along the lines of "you'll do well if you value people the way you would like to be valued." I think this lines up well with your post. I know a busy executive who always leaves you feeling valued as a friend every time you talk to him, even if its only a couple of sentences that pass between you. That's a gift to everyone he meets and it comes back to him in spades.

G. Page Singletary said...

Chad - Thanks for the great comment on this Easter Weekend.

Susan said...

Hi Page,
I have enjoyed reading this blog. That quote made me smile thinking of my Dad. He always made people feel good! Hope you and family are well.