Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meeting DeLoss Dodds

UT Disch Falk Field:
Last night, I had the privilege of meeting and spending a few minutes with University of Texas Athletic Director, DeLoss Dodds while attending a baseball game at the recently renovated Disch Falk Field. I was there as the guest of some friends who work in the sports business and enjoyed an evening of college baseball in a beautiful setting. What struck me in my interactions with Mr. Dodds was how engaging he was. He was genuinely interested in me, asking questions and connecting stories. Mr. Dodds is a legend in the world of college sports, and it was easy to see why he has built such an amazing program. Since he became the Athletic Director at Texas in 1981, he has overseen programs that have claimed 13 National Titles and over 100 conference titles. 

How engaging are you in your interactions? Coming soon on The Churn: The six characteristics of successful selling - ELU times two.

No comments: