Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stand by you

AFPYC.com:
" . . . no matter who you are, no matter where you go in your life, at some point you are going to need somebody to stand by you!" 

Click this link, listen to the song (AFPYC Intro Video,) and read this post. And then watch my dear friend, Margot Ritchie on Fox news this past week, talking about childhood obesity and learn how Margot's non-profit is helping make the world a better place. You rock, Margot!

This week I continue my theme on 'connecting', the art of finding people in your life who can help you accomplish a goal or launch an idea. Last Tuesday, I celebrated John Fees and the inspiration I gained from his blog post, Look for Work, Not a Job. This week I celebrate Margot Ritchie, founder and director of The Arts and Fitness Program for Young Children.

Margot is what I call a 'cheero' - a hero who cheers you onward and upward. She has been among a tight group of family and friends, who have constantly said 'yes you can' to me when I needed to hear those words. A cheero is different than a hero. Dean Smith is my hero. I never personally knew Coach Smith during my time in Chapel Hill, other than a few meetings in his office when I worked in the UNC Ticket Office. (You never forget those meetings.) But Margot is a 'cheero' - because I know her very well and she inspires me towards my dreams. These are the people with whom you should choose to spend your time.

Who are your heroes? Who are your cheeroes? Do you choose to spend time with people who inspire you towards your dreams? Be sure to request a free copy of my eBook, Releasing the Churn to learn more about how your 'cheeroes' can help you accomplish your dreams.

No comments: