Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebrating Memorial Day and General O.C. Malcom

 General O.C. Malcom: 
As we celebrate Memorial Day and the men and women who have served our country, I think of one of my favorites, my Father-in-Law, Retired General O.C. Malcom. I call 'Pop' and a select group of other special friends, my 'cheeroes' - a hero who cheers you onward.

Proverbs 27:17 says: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man (or woman) sharpens another." The footnote in my Bible (NIV Life Application Bible) sums this up this way:
"There is a mental sharpness that comes from being around good people. And a meeting of the minds can help people see their ideas with new clarity, refine them, and shape them into brilliant insights. This requires discussion partners who can challenge each other and stimulate thought -- people who focus on the idea without involving their ego in the discussion; people who know how to attack the thought and not the thinker. Two friends who bring their ideas together can help each other become sharper."
These words remind me of 'Pop' and I know they ring true to many others who have served our country. God bless America!

No comments: