Monday, May 9, 2011

Guy Kawasaki - Enchantment and Likability

How to be more enchanting:
There's a great on-line book study going on over on The High Calling. The goods folks there are studying Guy Kawasaki's new book, Enchantment - The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions. It starts with this 12-minute video interview of Guy, by Cheryl Smith titled: On Enchantment, persuasion, work and faith. Worth watching, and especially love Guy's perspective on faith and the work place. There was a Twitter Party, that included Guy that I missed and I am sorry, as that would have been a totally new experience for me.

And today, the discussion of Chapters One and Two on the topic of 'Likability' can be found at this post from Laura Boggess: Achieving Likability: Crow's Feet and the Perfect Handshake. It is a funny and well-done essay and I love this line from Guy:
“Enchantment is like fitness. Everyone can be more (or less). It’s a process, not an event.”
Be sure to check out the list on how to be more likable and the link to the perfect handshake. I hope to buy the book and join the discussion. Join me if you can.

No comments: